Monday 10 June 2013

Another Curtain Made!!!

Have just made my second pair of curtains...... My first one being the Cafe Style Curtain!

Getting a lot more confident making curtains now- and no they are not so difficult- especially these ones!

I measured the height and length of window add extra few inches to the bottom and the width so it hangs a loosely. I cut x2 pieces  identical measured to window fabric, hemmed the side at 1" and the same for the bottom. Then a 2" hem at the top, and finally sewed a length of curtain tape to the top hem and added the curtain hooks. Ta Dah!

I love this fabric, it is nice a light and allows just enough morning sunshine but not too much! (not a fan of black out curtains in bedrooms- unless it's a child/toddle/baby room)

I purchased the fabric at Leeds indoor market at  B and M fabrics store.

So I have decided that it is not quite complete as I think I need to make a couple of curtain sashes, so during the day the beautiful view from our bedroom window is not hidden.

And one more finally view!





No comments:

Post a Comment