Friday 31 May 2013

Friday Feature: My Paper Cut Heart





Today’s Feature is a very talented artist and paper cutter- Enjoy getting to know her!




1) What is your business name and give a brief description of your business?

My business is called My Papercut Heart; I create pencil drawn hand cut paper cut illustrations.


2) Where do you sell your products?

I sell mostly from my facebook page...I am a new company and I live in a relatively remote area so the internet works well for me. I also have pieces in a local gallery in Brecon.

3) What do you enjoy the most about your work?

I love the complete freedom my customers allow me when I’m creating my commission pieces...As an artist this is a wonderful endorsement to be given free rein on creativity



4) How would you describe your style?

I would describe my style as very free-flowing, whimsical....with a nod to fairytales and a smidge of humour!





5) Where is your studio?

I live in a little 1 up 1 down cottage so I work from the downstairs room...as a single mum this is perfect as I’m in the thick of it with my daughter!

6) Tell us, how did you got started?    
I have always been creative, but discovered paper cutting after experimenting making Christmas cards for my family and friends last year. People started asking me to make things for them and it has taken off from there....A very happy accident.


7) Biography

I was born in Wiltshire, at the age of 19 I moved onto my narrow boat 'Ruby Tuesday' and travelled the country. I taught myself to sign write and the art of traditional canal boat art. In 2010 my daughter was born and I wanted to settle somewhere...Last year I moved to Mid Wales in the stunning Cambrian Mountains, and decided I needed a new craft to pay the bills and subsidise adventures. Inspired by the scenery I started sketching and cutting animals and landscapes...And that is where my latest venture was born.




No comments:

Post a Comment