Thursday 30 May 2013

Thursday Theme: Bloomin' Flowers



Thursday Theme: Bloomin’ Flowers

I love this time of year..... Ok so it’s not as sunny or hot as I want yet! But there is still plenty of time for that lovely weather to come upon us.

But what I really love is true evidence of new growth and life springing up, and after a very long and cold winter it is somewhat a spectacular sight see a lush red tulip bopping about, the yellow daffodils sun gazing and my favourite the bluebells carpeting our woodlands.

Just the other day while walking the dogs in the woods, the bluebells were happily dancing in the wind.

This particular beautiful English wild flower and was first introduced to me when I was back home (Australia) in the sun reading the book ‘I Capture the Castle’ by Dodie Smith.

Bluebells was mentioned throughout the book and I was intrigued to catch a glimpse of their true beauty and scent, however I never knew at that time that my life’s pathway would lead me here, to the beautiful UK.



So my Thursday theme is all things floral, handmade or vintage.......

Starting off with crocheted floral brooches...


Made with Vintage buttons or Czech glass and they are £7 each.

Water Colour painting by Cherry Tree Handmade:

 Watercolour and ink drawings of dandelions and daisies 5 inches x 5 inches. £12.50 with FREE postage in the UK  

Perfect for a summer wedding floral handbag and good luck Horse shoe by Blue Lily Vintage:
 


Blue Lily Vintage lovingly hand made goods; from cushions, handbags and home decorations to hand crafted vintage wedding horse shoes and gifts.
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/BlueLilyVintage 

Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BlueLilyVintage


If you know me well I love Vintage Tea cups- This collection is from Finer China.....

And finally some floral fancy from forage in the form of Vintage fabric wall hangings.
 
1960's fabric wall hangings- purchase here


1950's Vintage Fabric wall hanging- purchase here

Pop a visit to our Facebook Page to see regualr updates.

What is your favourite English flower???

No comments:

Post a Comment