Monday 1 April 2013

Easter Tradition- 'Figolli' Maltese Easter cake/biscuit

If you have been following this blog for a while you will know that in the Forage house hold at Easter time we indulge in Figolli a Maltese Easter cake/biscuit instead of copious amount of chocolate (we still manage eat our way through some chocolate eggs too).....

However, If you are new to the Forage's Blog catch up and read last year's Easter post which also has the recipe for Figolli Maltese Easter Cake/Biscuit.

This year I branched out and fully decorated my Figolli.....

Traditionally Figolli is beautifully decorated with royal icing and the shapes of the biscuit can range from mermaids, heart shaped to a appropriate themed Easter egg. In Malta you can purchase figolli cutters, which make is so much more easier, when not in Malta you can use cookie cutters.

I have made a butterfly shaped one using a paper template and cutting round it with a sharp knife. I also made a dragonfly shape figolli but I broke it when sliding it onto the cooling rack.

So here it is..... Ok I'm no artist but my daughter loves it!!


Off to in laws to share the tradition yum, yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment