Wednesday 10 April 2013

Handmade Cafe Style Curtain

I have just made my very first curtain and yes I'm super proud of myself :)

OK so I did make a few little mistakes - but I know where I went wrong so I can avoid it when I attempt to cover all our curtain less windows with homemade curtains....

I have avoided making curtains for some time now- thinking it is way to complicated!
However, still a novice with curtain making it was somewhat straight forward, just require's plenty of space and good guide.... I had the Queen of sewing, crafts and home decor, Martha Stewart and her book 'Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts'.



I choose to do a Cafe style curtain (Pinch-Pleated cafe Curtains page 206) as the area I'm recreating has a large old shop windows and I want it to be a light chilled out space.



I purchased beautiful green geometric patterned fabric from B and M Fabrics in Leeds Kirgate Market.



So are you ready for the Before and After shots......


Before

After
What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment